Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Filtration

Playground feb 10 2013

So now that I have an iPhone, I'm finding it easier to participate in the whole hipster-filters-on-your-baby thing. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I liked how this treatment made Grady look like a still, pensive baby. He was, in that moment, and the filter emphasizes that, I think. Right, so, I have no idea what I'm doing. But that was Grady, chilling his baby out in the viking ship at this absurdly picturesque toddler playground in a little urban redwood grove. Too much, you guys. 

Speaking of my hipster baby (we were, right?), he is partying like a boss these days. Over the weekend,  he developed a new habit of crashing parties at the rec center/park next door. He crashed both a going away party and a 4th birthday party, by simply toddling himself assertively over and joining in on the fun. Basically, he sees balloons on the rec center, and he is all in. I hope he keeps this up. I don't know what it says about me that I feel this way, but I really like the idea of my kid scamming cake and bounce-house jumps from random birthday parties.

He also attended a 40th birthday party to which he was invited. He ate Doritos and mashed potatoes, introduced himself to all the strangers, and laughed and laughed at his own jokes and at Jasper's friends' goofy faces. There was little doubt that he won the party.

Grady feb13

Afterwards he had to sleep on his face with his buns in the air for a while, as one does.


No comments:

Post a Comment